2 days ago
Sunday, July 29, 2007
I made the mistake of ordering new colors of film for wings, and just had to try out a couple of them today. The first pair was made with a pale color film and really looked washed out when I hit it with the heat gun. So it got a treatment with alcohol inks. I wasn't too thrilled with it at first, but after glittering it up with micro beads and glitter(of course) I like it a bit better. The second one was made with a richer colored film and so many colors appeared when it was heated, I wouldn't have known what to add, so I left it as is. I wish the sparkle of the beads and glitter showed up better in the photos!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
You can see what I've been doing this week, having too much fun in Jean Bernard's free wings class. The individual wings you see are my first two attempts, one with a tutorial Jean shared with us by "Shar", and the second with Jean's own design. The sweet little elfin creature is a doll I made from Sherry Goshon's Echlin pattern some time ago, who now sports a set of wings of her own! Jean's method is so very easy, using a craft film called Textiva, micro marbles, and glitter. I repeat, TOO MUCH FUN! You can find her free class here: http://www.classheaven.com/jeans_free_wings.htm
Monday, July 02, 2007
I wanted to try some brown Prosculpt for these pieces and here are my first results.
I heard that Genesis paints were recommended for polymer, so the lower left piece was my Genesis trial. I was not happy with that one at all, so I went back to my Lumieres for the others, drying them and hopefully curing them sufficiently with my heat gun. The colors and bright finish are more to my liking. I like the brown clay as a base and I'd also like to try some black like Linda F. has done.