Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monday POTW..a day late


This Monday's theme was "Favorite Coffee Mug" and I had a difficult time choosing one mug among the many I've collected through the years. This is one of a set of mugs and plates I bought from a fellow potter many years ago. I love the colors and the delightful graphics she did on her pieces and have enjoyed using them frequently. Just wish I had bought more of them!

Another view of the same mug. I drink coffee from it occasionally, but I like the size for a cup of soup as well. The wide mouth makes it perfect for eating a warm creamy soup.

This is one of my current favorites for morning coffee however. I picked up a couple of these when we spent a week at the Outer Banks with my daughter and her family last year. It's a perfect size for my morning pick-me-up! When I was younger, I just couldn't stand the sight of food first thing in the morning. Then when I was about 19 or so, my mother talked me into trying a cup of coffee one morning, and I discovered that the warm coffee relaxed my stomach and I learned to really enjoy a good breakfast. Made my mother so-o-o happy!

4 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

What pretty mugs you have!I have some big mugs that I love to eat soup from- prefer my soup in a big mug instead of a bowl, so I can get down to that very last spoonful ;)

How interesting that the warmth of the coffee allowed your stomach to accept breakfast. I love a big breakfast after I've been up a couple of hours.

Jennifer Rose said...

i love the blue :D really nice looking mugs

Michelle Eaton said...

I love the first mug! I love the little bird on it and the colours.

Anonymous said...

very pretty and cheerful mugs!