Thursday, April 19, 2012

Has it really been that long?


Well....I guess it has been that long. It's spring now and we don't need a fire in the wood stove so often now. In fact, we've had some days that were more like summer than spring...one day in the upper 80s...that's summery enough for me!
But my cherry trees have been in full bloom this week. We had a drizzly day earlier and some of the blossoms are dropping now, making a beautiful pink carpet underneath. Fortunately I got these photos before that began. We're supposed to get some much needed *real* rain this weekend and that will take the rest of the blossoms down, but I'll have these photos to enjoy anyway.

3 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Mary so glad you posted those pictures. It is lovely to see ones garden begin to bloom

Boud said...

Lovely pictures of blossom! and I like your approach to recovering from Irene -- gives you firewood, if nothing else!

BumbleVee said...

doesn't time just fly by Mary? I am finally just doing some hopping around and found myself here ...love your blossoms....and now...here it is already had our first frost up here in Canada... it killed off my remaining potted plants...sigh....
Next year I'm hoping to do a lot more in my yard ...whe all the renovating and yard replanning is done... hope the new trees and lawn get done soon.... before the freeze up of the ground. They say it is the best time to plant and do things out there...we'll see I guess.