Thursday, July 20, 2006

WIP Fairy Bust


This is my work in progress from Jean Bernard's online class. The head is sculpted from Jean's "Mother" mask mold, and the body is sculpted from Apoxie Sculpt clay. It sits on a wooden candlestick embellished with more apoxie and will be painted gold and further embellished with texturizing medium and draperies soaked in Paverpol. Way too much fun! Jean is a delightful, generous teacher and her classes are always intriguing. I work WAY out of my box learning her techniques!

6 comments:

Sherry Goshon said...

Well I didn't mean for elli to post I ment to...shows i don't juggle well...teehee but truly it's a wonderful piece

Linda Fleming said...

Oh, wow, Mary! She is coming along beautifully! I can't wait tohear about how you like the Paverpol when you get to that step.
Hugs,
Linda F from FL

JudiA said...

I am getting closer and closer to giving in and taking that class... all you enablers are REALLY getting to me. *smile* She's going to be so lovely when you are finished!

JudiA

MaryO said...

Thank you all, including Elli!!! I'll post another photo tomorrow, she already looks different with some paint and texturizing medium!

Judi W. said...

She's lovely - can't wait to see her when she's done.

Bear said...

Mom
I cannot wait to see your sculpt painted and finished- shes beautiful as she is now I can see you have improved with your sculptsd over the year and this is beautiful
love n hugs ya bear baby xoxoxoxoxxo