Saturday, April 26, 2008

More flowers


As I explained in the entry before, these reference photos for some drawings I hope to get done in the near future, with the cooperation of a muse that tends to desert me at the most inconvenient times. The first is a patch of what I believe are grape hyacinth at the foot of what appears to be a giant paw! It's actually the base of a poor twisted mulberry tree that was distorted by invasive vines in its early years. My husband spent the first several years after we moved in clearing the vines from this part of the yard.
This next one is of some flowers that appear in a couple of places in my yard, but whose identity is still a mystery to me. That's the joy of buying an older home that belonged to someone who is a much better gardener than I am! I get all kinds of lovely volunteer blooms each spring without lifting a finger!

Again, I can't seem to get the photos placed as I'd like, so I'll try again another time. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful! That does look like a giant claw on your Mulberry tree. We had a mulberry tree in our yard when I was a small child, my us kids loved that tree!!