Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Here they are!


It's warmer today, and sunny, so I took the opportunity while the parent birds were away to open the nest a bit to take this photo of five little baby bluebirds! I know they just look like a furry blob, but the picture is sharp, it's the babies that are fuzzy! They really fill the nest up now. They are about twice as big as they were on Mother's Day when I first saw them. They have to grow fast to be able to fledge in a couple of weeks! Papa flew in to see that I hadn't disturbed his children not long after I came back in the house. They tolerate house-monitoring very well, but they have to make sure everything is as it should be when I leave!

3 comments:

Revelle Taillon said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! They look like little fuzzy turkeys with almost no hair! LOL!!! Can hardly wait to see them in a week!
Revelle

Sprite said...

Mary I keep coming back to take lil sneak peaks of these little ones. I'm not sure what parts of them are what - in an attempt to figure out how many hatchlings there are hee heee So precious!!
HUGS,
Sprite

Serena Lewis said...

AWWWWWWWW....so precious! Thanks for posting these, Mary....you are so lucky to be up close and personal to these sweet, little hatchlings!